I don’t know about you, but I have a HARD time getting vegies into my kids! My oldest only likes cucumber and my youngest is a potato fan, but apart from that I have zero success.
The other day I was flicking through an old cookbook that I bought when Gus was a baby and stumbled across this recipe…turns out it’s a total winner!
So I had to share….
500 grams chicken mince
1 clove garlic crushed
1 brown onion minced
1 medium carrot minced
125grams creamed corn
125grams canned chickpeas
1/4 cup grated cheese
3 sheets of puff or short crust pastry
1 egg lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven at 200 degrees and line two trays with baking paper
2. Combine mince, garlic, onion, carrot, corn, chickpeas, grated cheese and breadcrumbs in a large bowl
3. Cut pastry sheets in half and place equal amounts of the mixture lengthways along the centre of each piece. Roll each pastry piece from one wide each to enclose, using a dab of beaten egg to seal cut each roll into 6 pieces.
4. Brush the rolls with remaining beaten egg
5. Place seam side down on a baking tray and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until browned and cooked through.