This delicious recipe comes from the lovely Ailia Murray, and is very easy to make especially when you have a screaming toddler and a baby who needs to be fed (aka, the story of my life!)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup Arborio rice
750ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup frozen peas
½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
½ cup steamed broccoli florets
- Place oil and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 2 minutes.
- Add onion. Stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add rice, mixing well to coat. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in stock. Microwave for 9 minutes.
- Add frozen peas. Stir well and microwave for a further 9 minutes.
- Carefully remove from microwave. Stir in parmesan cheese, chicken and broccoli. Season to taste. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve topped with extra parmesan, if desired.